New materials have been added to the recycling program
Plastics: In addition to bottles and jugs, please recycle:
Cups and containers
- Yogurt, pudding and fruit cups
- Disposable cups and bowls
- Margarine, cottage cheese and other containers
- Produce, deli and take-out containers
Containers are recycled into plastic lumber, furniture and landscaping products.
PAPER: In addition to mail, magazines, boxes and cardboard, please recycle:
- Milk cartons
- Juice boxes
- Soup, broth and wine cartons
Cartons are made from paper as well as a thin layer of plastic or aluminum. Recyclers are able to separate the plastic and aluminum from the paper. This paper is then recycled into paper towels, napkins and building materials.
Thank you for recycling! City of Minneapolis and Hennepin County